Are you feeling burnt out, stressed or simply in need of a break? Perhaps it’s time to consider a health holiday. This type of holiday is designed to help you step away from your daily routine and immerse yourself in an environment that supports your health goals.
A health holiday (which if organised by another may be considered a wellness retreat) is a type of vacation where you focus on your physical and mental well-being.
It’s a time to prioritize your health by engaging in activities that nourish your body and mind.
A health holiday can have a specific intent (lose weight, detoxify, or simply reduce stress) or it can be general to simply improve wellbeing.
Here are five quick reasons why you should consider taking a health holiday:
- Increase your sense of wellbeing
- Step away from unhealthy environments and habits
- Decrease stress
- Connect with yourself
- Learn beneficial habits to bring home
Here are five detailed reasons why a health holiday is a good idea:
1) Wellbeing – basically the underpinning of a quality life. When your wellbeing is high you are feeling good. The trick? Wellbeing comes from holistic health not short term avenues and quick fixes.
2) Removal from Unhealthy Environment & Habits – Sometimes its best to step away from your environment to get a fresh perspective and be able to look at your situation objectively from the outside.
3) Decrease Stress – Hardly an explanation needed, we all know stress is unpleasant to experience and has highly deleterious effects on our health. Stress can be thought of as the antithesis of wellbeing
4) Connection to Self – Personally I see our “Self” in a fluctuating state. When you care for and look after your Self, it grows and expands into the higher self. When you are too loose with your Self and have no self control, your Self shrinks and contracts into the lower self.
The more you can connect to your true self, the more authentic your external expression will be and the more sense of wellbeing you will experience – and we already know that is a good thing.
5) Learn Healthy Habits – When you experience beneficial habits first hand you both see their value and begin to create neural pathways to embed these practices in your life.
Performing an action in a different environment with the certainty of someone guiding you can allow you to quickly learn healthy habits (yoga, meditation, exercise, eating, etc).
☆ Detoxify your body: A health holiday can help you rid your body of toxins and impurities, which can lead to improved digestion, increased energy, and better sleep.
☆ Connect with nature: Many health holidays are set in beautiful locations that allow you to connect with nature. Spending time in nature has been shown to reduce stress and improve overall well-being.
☆ Fill your cup: Taking a health holiday is a chance to recharge your batteries and return to your daily life feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
By taking a health holiday, you can prioritize your health and well-being in a supportive environment.
So, why not take the time to invest in yourself and take a break from whats not serving you…Your body and mind will thank you.
P.s I’ll be offering health holidays from April onwards (2023) shoot me a message if you are interested in learning more.