And so I’ve reached day 14 of my first swing, that means its time for me to share the results of my goal setting.
I tracked it more consistently due to publicising my intentions.
There definitely can be value in sharing your goals…as long as you continue to do them for yourself 😇
I found sharing the goals particularly gave me strength for abstaining from coffee/caffeine.
I could have seen myself changing my mind around day 12…
However knowing I would be sharing the results of my intentions gave me a sense of commitment.
(I always try to do what I say…at least when I say it to others. Next challenge: Do what I say, to myself)
While on the plane back to Darwin I went through a process I like to use when I am focusing on achieving intents.
I make daily notes based on my adherence to goals: exercise, food, meditation, things removed from my life (e.g coffee).
Those daily notes are lengthy so I summarise them into totals for the period I am focussing on (in this case 14 days).
From there I can see plainly what my patterns were resulting from my daily choices.
I guess it gives me a macro view of the micro.
After analysing my patterns, I make notes to myself about what worked and what could be done better next time.
14 Day Summary
🏋♂️ Exercise 13x including weights, yoga, cardio
😴 3 days where no form of exercise was done
🕉 Meditation each night before bed – 3x dedicated times to meditate.
🚫 No Coffee
👉 Breakfast: Omelette with various salad/vegetables
👉 Lunch: Salmon/Tuna/Chicken with Salad and Carb (Couscous/Quinoa/Potato) (Plus occasional jam/cream scone for flexibility in diet)
👉 Dinner: Steak, Veg, Potatoes with small amount of sauce based dish for flavour and gravy on steak/potatoes
Or skipped when not needing dinner
👉 Desserts: 3x cherry slices, 1 icecream serve, 1 tiramisu, 1 schnitzel (Day 1, 9, 11, 13)
✅ Did well – continue
▪︎ Exercise consistency and balance – didn’t ego lift and listened to body
▪︎ Made space for gym despite minimal time (see below)
▪︎ Times I did create space for meditation were beneficial
▪︎ Chose not to drink coffee
▪︎ Food adherence (85% clean meals)
↩ Need to work on
▪︎ Need to create more space for Meditation (avoid mental fatigue, better state of mind)
▪︎ Replace sugar based desserts with healthy options.
▪︎ Day 12 Fatigue set in – combination of mental fatigue, inadequate rest, cns becoming tense.
▪︎ Increase focus on well-being and recovery from Day 10; meditation, yoga, sleep.
▪︎ More yoga (frequency and duration)<span;>
About the gym
The bus timetables and work schedule posed a problem for the gym.
4:30am to breakfast – 6:30pm back from work.
If I worked out in the evening I would be eating too late and be too energised to sleep well.
I decided if I could miss dinner by eating more at breakfast and lunch then I could get an early night sleep and wake up at 3am.
The first night I didn’t set an alarm but I did set an intent.
I meditated before bed, had a good sleep and awoke naturally at 3am.
I thought, alright I’m awake might as well.
It turned out to give me a great boost of energy that lasted until midday and really set the day in a positive frame.
I ended up going every second day in the morning and doing cardio in the evening sporadically.
▪︎maintain or improve health
✅ Maintain or Improve Health:.
• I feel my body composition improved
• Although fatigued I feel fitter
• Definitely need high quality nutrients however
✅ Develop Discipline
• Several opportunities were presented to make difficult choices that required discipline but I feel I found a nice balance between committing to my goals and looking after my Self.
☑ Build Empowerment
• There were times I felt very empowered, after Day 10 it started to subside alongside my energy so its had to say I am empowered right now.
• I’ll credit this one 50% because I was and now am not.
• Massive improvement over last time in the mines
• 85% adherence is realistic and sustainable.
• I feel I worked my body as much as it needed
• I feel I listened to it as much as I could
• Although I didn’t go morning and night like initially planned, that wasn’t realistic and I got carried away with high energy at the start 😅
• It felt like i made good use of the gym and haven’t burnt out
• Felt good and felt sustainable, tick ✔
• No caffeine consumed
• Definitely glad I stuck to this one, I know the downsides would have outweighed any benefits
I’ll be honest it was a long two weeks, especially because my heart isn’t fully in it.
Thats a whole ‘nutha post though!
I am definitely ready for a rest and 12 days off.
Spent in Darwin with meditation, yoga, exercise, healthy food, vibrant atmosphere and sunshine 👌